Not yet, not yet - the Spring is only about to come and it's not like spring, summer and fall are rain-free seasons. So, while you are updating your wardrobe for the next seasons to come, don't give up on a thought of having that one perfect parka that can serve you during the multiple seasons. Here's how New Yorkers wearing it:
Based on my overall observations of the NY hipsters and fashionistas, the most happening parka this season is the dark green parka with and/or without a detail. It's worn the classical way - all dark green (camouflage) and in a different length with a bit of detail to add that 'oomph' factor. The most popular detail of any coat - including parkas - this season is, by far - the leather details, whether it leather sleeves, a leather hood, and/or leather pockets.
Other details that are seen on a parka this season are - the quill's patterns and faux fur trims. The faux fur details are more popular on a heavier (warmer) parkas, though.
The length of the parkas in style are - the hip length and the above-the-knee lengths, although, more and more people are opted to wear short parkas that look like jackets.
Parkas are not for women only. I see many New York men wearing parkas. However, while both men and women seem to be wearing parkas, men, usually, opt for a parka-blazer and/or a zip-up jacket, like this one below, in the combination with a dark color jeans and/or military pants:
Here's just a few variations of parka spotted on the streets of New York City:
Here are a few from Zara that offers quite a variety of parkas this season:
- COMBINATION LEATHER PARKA ($189.00). You can get it here.
- STUDDED JACKET WITH POCKETS ($89.90). You can get it here.
- HOODED PARKA WITH GUSSETED POCKETS ($79.90). You can get it here.
- PARKA WITH COLLAR ENCLOSURE ($89.90). You can get it here.
- SLOUCHY PARKA ($79.90). You can get it here.
And here are a few more parka choices from other brands:
- ASOS Parka With Fur Trim Hood($133). You can get it here.
- Alpha Industries Fishtail Parka with Faux Fur Trim Hood ($340). You can get it here.
- Caitlynn Hooded Canvas Parka ($80). You can get it here.
- Tommy Hilfiger Jacket, Hooded Fatigue Parka ($120). You can get it here.
- Theory Everet M Parka ($365). You can get it here.
- TOPSHOP Unlined Parka ($120). You can get it here.
- DKNY Leather sleeve utility parka ($903). You can get it here.
- Burberry Brit Satin-twill packaway parka, Burberry Brit ($795). You can get it here.
And if you are tired of a classic look and looking for that 'omph' effect to add to your parker this spring and fall, try these ones:
ASOS Contrast Jersey Parka ($124.69). You can get it here.
Or this one from ASOS.com: Limited Edition Jaquard Panelled Parka ($209), on sale! It was $299. You can get it here.
Or, this one - Surface to Air Fly Parka ($910). You can get it here.
For a quills-meet-military look, go with Free People Golden Quills Military Parka ($298). You can get it here.
So, what's your parka wish?